ABOUT NEWMAN CONSTRUCTION
With more than 25 years’ experience in custom home building, Newman Construction has earned a reputation in Southwest Michigan for delivering quality craftsmanship with integrity and trust.
The Newman Construction team is made up of some of the best professionals in the industry – including highly experienced carpenters and designers – and is well known for its unique approach to the building process. From the first day of project planning to completion, we will work with you to design a home that reflects your unique personality, style and budget.
At Newman Construction, we believe “if you can dream it, we can build it.” No project is too small or too grand – whether you’re looking to build a basic starter or retirement residence, or a luxury dream home, we will work with you to deliver the comfort and functionality you seek.
When you choose to build with Newman Construction, you’ll benefit from:
- Authentic Customization – Each home is truly one-of-a-kind. We’ll work together to ensure your project matches your unique tastes.
- Interior Design – Newman Construction is one of the only local construction companies to offer a professional interior designer on staff. You’ll enjoy selecting materials and color pallettes without worry.
- Quality and Integrity – Our homes are built to last beyond a lifetime. We ensure only the best methods of construction and are committed to responsible building practices.
- Efficiency – A Certified Green Professional, Joe Newman and his team incorporate green and sustainable building principles into all projects.
- Friendly Office Staff – Our office is open 8:00 to 5:00, with staff ready to answer your questions and assist you.
We invite you to call us at 269.968.1290 or e-mail Joe Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about building your dream custom home, addition or remodel.
Joe Newman, Owner and General Manager
With more than 25 years’ experience, Joe Newman, Owner, has earned a reputation in Southwest Michigan for building custom homes with exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
Joe started the family-owned Newman Construction business to pursue his passion for building homes that are truly one of a kind. Today, his work ranges from elegant starter homes, to transformative remodels, to some of the most extraordinary architectural designs in the area. His award-winning portfolio includes the luxurious Stonegate subdivision in Battle Creek, as well as a variety of new construction, lakefront homes, renovations, additions and commercial work.
Joe is proud to employ some of the best professionals in the industry at Newman Construction, including a top interior designer, highly experienced carpenters and a full-time office staff. His team’s dedication to professionalism and unique approach to the building process is reflected in the company’s values, as well as our clients’ trust and satisfaction.
Committed to responsible building practices, Joe is a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders, certified member of Green Built Michigan and an Energy Star partner. As such, he and his team incorporate green and sustainable building principles into all Newman Construction projects.
Joe has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades from the Battle Creek Association of Home Builders, Home Builders Association of Greater Kalamazoo, and Habitat for Humanity. He has been named Builder of the Year three times by the BCAHB.
Joe earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Michigan State University. Prior to starting Newman Construction, he served 25 years with the Battle Creek Police Department, retiring as commander in 2000. In his free time, he enjoys golfing and is also a licensed pilot. He and wife, Patty, live in Battle Creek and have two children, Georgette and Paul.
Patty Newman, Co-Owner and Business Manager
Patty has managed the day-to-day operations of Newman Construction since our inception more than 25 years ago. As business manager, she oversees accounting, scheduling and subcontractor relations, and coordinates all projects and maintenance work. She also serves as the key contact for bookkeeping and client service requests.
Patty and Joe reside in Battle Creek and have two adult children.
Ashley K. Davis, Interior Design
Ashley K. Davis brings a wealth of talent and expertise in interior design to Newman Construction, a benefit our clients find extremely helpful.
As part of the Newman Construction team, Ashley takes great care and pride in assisting clients with the design and customization of their new home or remodel. She will work with you from the very start of your project to select materials and color pallets that reflect your unique taste and style, while saving you time and cost.
With 14 years’ experience, Ashley has an eye for the color and balance associated with stunning design. She provides knowledgeable experience in the selection of floor and tile design, cabinetry, and lighting selection and planning, among many other details.
Ashley earned a bachelor’s degree in fine art with a concentration in interior design from the Chicago Art Institute. She resides in Battle Creek with her husband and two daughters.
Jon Seeberger, Construction Site Superintendent
Jon Seeberger is an experienced professional and skilled carpenter whose leadership is invaluable to the Newman Construction team.
Having started with the company in 2003, Jon oversees all phases of the building project – from supervising and documenting daily activities, to maintaining safety measures, and ensuring quality control.
A goal-oriented leader, Jon delegates and supervises the construction team with great care and attention to detail. He is known for bringing a calm, focused demeanor and effective time management to every project – traits our clients appreciate and depend on.
Jon is an affiliate member of the Home Builders Association of Western Michigan. He resides in Battle Creek with his wife, Kami.
- Best Exterior People’s Choice Award 2002 Parade of Homes: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Best Kitchen People’s Choice Award 2002 Parade of Homes: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Best Exterior People’s Choice Award 2003 Parade of Homes: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Best Exterior People’s Choice Award 2004 Parade of Homes: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Builder of the Year 2000, 2005, and 2007: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Leadership Award 2006: Battle Creek Association of Home Builders
- Award of Excellence 2008 Parade of Homes: Home Builders Association of Greater Kalamazoo
- Green Built Award 2008 Parade of Homes: Home Builders Association of Greater Kalamazoo
- Certificate of Appreciation 2008: Battle Creek Area Habitat for Humanity